11 Sep Berry Bars
Calories per serve: 200cals
- 370g rolled oats
- 280g almond meal
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 110g unsweetened apple sauce
- 120ml orange juice
- 5 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 570g blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 175C and line a baking pan with baking paper.
- Set aside 190g of blueberries. Combine the remaining blueberries, lemon juice and dates in the food processor. Mix until well combined. Transfer it to a bowl and mix in the chia seeds. Set aside to gel.
- Clean food processor bowl. Add in the oats, almond meal, flax, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Pulse to combine. Add orange juice, apple sauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Process again until well combined and smooth. The mix should be pasty!
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the dough. Add remaining dough to the baking pan. Use your fingers to smooth down the dough and into the corners, press down firmly! (It is easier when your hands are wet as they won’t stick!)
- Now spread the blueberry/chia seed mix every over the dough. Spread out the blueberries over the top.
- Use the remaining dough to add over the top, it’s ok not to have it fully covered – but spread it evenly over the entire surface!
- Bake for 40mins if your pan is square or 30mins if your pan is rectangle. The top should be lightly browned and set when done!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan before cutting into 20 bars!
- Enjoy 🙂