08 Apr Healthy Cookie Dough
This is one of my FAVOURITE sweet treats – and the kids love them in their lunch boxes too! Who doesn’t like raw cookie dough ;0 yumyum!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds or almond meal
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Dry them off with a paper towel and discard any skins that peel off in the process (this helps make the dough smoother)
- Add chickpeas, nut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds/almond meal to the food processor. (you can grind chia seeds in a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle) Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and store in freezer – serve frozen or defrosted