08 Apr Healthy Cookie Dough
This is one of my FAVOURITE sweet treats – and the kids love them in their lunch boxes too! Who doesn’t like raw cookie dough ;0 yumyum! Here are 2 different recipes – 1 is chickpea based (you would never ever know! So good) and the other is almond meal based because yea I LOVE almond meal anything ;0 They are both great!!!
Option 1 (Chickpea based)
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds or almond meal
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Dry them off with a paper towel and discard any skins that peel off in the process (this helps make the dough smoother)
- Add chickpeas, nut butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon to a food processor. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add the ground chia seeds/almond meal to the food processor. (you can grind chia seeds in a coffee bean grinder or a mortar and pestle) Blend until everything is combined.
- Add chickpea cookie dough mixture to a small bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls and store in freezer – serve frozen or defrosted
Option 2 (Almond meal based)
Makes 8 serves
Cals per serve 200
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Stir together all ingredients except chocolate chips until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Serve or chill in fridge