24 May Chicken & Prawn Laksa
Chicken and Prawn Laksa
Calories per serve: 405cal
Time to make: 30 mins
- 400g chicken breast fillets
- 200g rice stick noodles
- 2 tablespoon (60g) laksa paste
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 6cm piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 400ml light Coconut Milk
- 2 cup (500ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
- 4 large (250g) uncooked prawns, peeled, with tails intact
- 1 bunch (500g) baby pak choy, leaves separated, coarsely chopped
- 200g snow peas, topped, thickly sliced diagonally
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce, or to taste
- 80g beansprouts, trimmed
- 4 shallots, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- lime wedges, to serve
- Place chicken in a medium saucepan. Cover with water; bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce heat to lowest possible setting; poach gently until chicken is just cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a large heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water; set aside, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse and set aside.
- Place laksa paste, garlic and ginger in a large saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat, 2 minutes, or until aromatic. Add coconut milk and stock; bring to a simmer.
- Add prawns, pak choy and snow peas to soup. Bring back to a simmer; simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes, or until prawns have changed colour and vegetables are bright green. Remove from heat; stir in fish sauce.
- Slice chicken thinly. Divide noodles among 4 deep serving bowls; top with chicken.
- Ladle soup over; top with prawns and combined beansprouts, shallots and coriander. Serve with lime wedges.