11 Mar Lamb and Tomato Salad
Lamb and Tomato Salad
Calories per serve: 250cal (for lamb salad only)
Time to make 25 mins prep 10mins cook
- 400g lamb backstrap
- Olive oil spray
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- 2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 200g grape or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
To serve with your choice of complex carbs such as :
- Crusty bread, lavash crackers, hummus, potatoes, corn, rice, beans etc
- Preheat a chargrill or heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook lamb, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes (for medium) or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine spring onions, parsley, tomatoes and olives in a large bowl.
- To make dressing: Combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine.
- Slice lamb and add to tomato mixture. Pour over dressing. Toss to combine. Serve with your choice of complex carbs. Bread and hummus goes really well