28 Aug French Toast with Peaches
French Toast with Peaches
Calories per serve: 450cal
Time to make: 20mins Prep 25mins Cook
(GF) (DF) V
- 2 large peaches
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (DF)
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 slices sourdough bread (GF bread)
- 20g butter (DF spread)
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced. Cut peaches into slices, removing stones. Place in a baking dish and drizzle with maple syrup. Roast for 20 mins, turning once or twice, or until tender and caramelised. Remove from oven and cool until just warm, or room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla with a fork. Pour into a shallow dish large enough to hold bread in a single layer (you may need to divide it between 2 dishes). Lay bread slices in the egg mixture and leave to soak for about 5 mins each side, or until it has absorbed the milk mixture.
- Melt a little of the butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Cook bread slices in batches over low-medium heat for 2 mins each side, or until lightly golden and egg has set. Add more butter between batches. Transfer to a warm plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
- Serve toast topped with roasted peaches. (I like to add a nut & seed sprinkle mix over this – if you do, make sure to add the extra calories!)
- ENJOY <3