27 Apr Slow Cooker Balsamic Pulled Pork
Slow cooker Balsamic Pulled Pork with White Bean Mash
Calories per serve: 200cal
Time to make 6-8 hours
• 800g pork shoulder roast
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon (0.5g) garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon (0.5g) chilli flakes
• 1/3 cup (85ml) chicken or vegetable broth/stock
• 1/3 cup (85ml) balsamic vinegar
• 1 tablespoon (15ml) worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon (15ml) honey
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and chilli flakes and place it into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the stock, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish.
- Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker.
- Ladle 1/2 cup sauce over the pork and keep warm until ready to eat.
White Bean Mash
Calories per serve: 150
Time to cook 15mins
GF DF V
• 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 sprig rosemary and thyme
- Heat the beans and a couple of tablespoons of their liquid with rosemary and thyme in a pan over a low heat for 10 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Remove the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
- Add the olive oil.
- Mash the beans with a fork.
VEGGIES TO SERVE:
Calories per serve: 53cal
GF DF V
• 2 cups (200g) frozen peas (can use fresh seasonal veggies)