09 Aug Charred Broccoli & Camembert Tart
Calories per serve: 360cal
Time to make 25mins
- 1 large head broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sheets puff pastry (GF puff pastry)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup onion jam (store bought or MYO)
- 100g camembert cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
MYO Onion Jam
- 3 red onions, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Blanch broccoli, and refresh in iced water to halt cooking. Drain well, then toss in olive oil and salt. Chargrill in a pan or on the barbecue until coloured.
- To make the onion jam place all jam ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat. Cook until thick and syrupy, stirring frequently.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay 1 sheet of pastry on baking tray, brush with egg, then lay second sheet on top. Leaving a 3cm square border, score top pastry sheet without cutting into bottom sheet. Prick inside the square with a fork. Spread onion jam inside the square, then layer chargrilled vegetables and dollops of washed-rind cheese over the top. Brush the outside border with egg, sprinkle salt and pepper over and bake in oven for 25 minutes or until golden.