24 Jan Vegetarian Donburi
Calories per serve: 450cal
Time to make: Prep 10mins Cook 20mins GF DF V (V+)
- 1 cup (190g) Sushi rice
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed
- 150g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 (100g) carrot, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon mio paste (V+)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin seasoning
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- sliced spring onion to serve
1. Cook rice following packet directions until tender. Cover to keep hot.
2. Meanwhile, cut broccoli stalks into 2cm pieces. Halve the florets. Pour 2 cups cold water into a medium, 8cm-deep frying pan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add broccoli stalks, mushroom and carrot. Simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add broccoli florets, miso paste, soy sauce, mirin seasoning and sugar. Simmer for 2 minutes or until vegetables are just tender (see note).
3. Pour egg over vegetable mixture. Simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked.
4. Divide rice between serving bowls. Using a large metal spoon, spoon egg mixture and broth over rice. Sprinkle with spring onion. Serve.