04 Feb YMF Chicken Pasta Salad
Time to make: 20 mins
• 120g dried penne pasta
• 1 cup prepared chicken (left over from roast)
• 115g baby spinach, stems removed
• 115g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 50g feta cheese, crumbled
• 35g slivered almonds, toasted
• 1 orange (2 teaspoons zest 4, tablespoons juice)
• 1 lemon (1/2 teaspoon zest, 2 tablespoons juice)
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or olive oil)
• Salt and pepper for seasoning
1 Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse pasta with cool water.
2 Place cooled pasta in a large bowl and add the spinach and cherry tomatoes.
3 Warm up shredded left over chicken from Sunday’s roast dinner. Add to the salad and toss to combine.
4 Lightly toast the almonds on a medium heat and sprinkle the almonds and crumbled feta cheese over the salad.
1 Add all ingredients except the oil to a blender and blend until ingredients are well combined.
2 Slowly add the oil into the blender and pulse until combined.
3 Toss the salad dressing into the pasta salad and enjoy.