17 Jun 15min Beef Stir Fry
Calories per serve: 340cal
Time to make: 15 min prep 10 mins cook
– 250g flat rice noodles
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 800g beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
– 2 garlic close, finely chopped
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1/4 Chinese Cabbage (womb) thinly sliced
– 1/2 bunch spring onions, finely shredded, plus extra to serve
– 1 large carrot, thinly sliced lengthways
– 1/2 cup (110g) table salt
– 2 tablespoons fish sauce
– 1 tablespoon grated ginger
– 2 teaspoons caster sugar
– 1 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
– 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, chopped
For the kimchi, combine cabbage, spring onion and carrot in a bowl.
Combine salt with 1.5l (6 cups) water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil, then stir for 1-2 minutes until salt dissolves. Remove from heat and pour over cabbage mixture. Set aside for 10 minutes to pickle. Rinse and drain, then set aside to cool.
Whiz remaining kimchi ingredients in a small food processor to a paste. Add to cabbage and stir to combine. Set aside.
Soak the noodles in boiling waster for 5 minutes or until soft, then drain.
Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat until almost smoking. Add sesame oil and beef, then cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soy sauce and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
To serve, divide the noodles among 4 bowls and top with beef, kimchi and extra spring onion.