04 Oct Creamy Lemon Pasta
Calories per serve: 350cal
Time: 30min meal
- 4 asparagus spears
- 4ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 300g pasta of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons EVOO
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 285g cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 80ml vegetable broth
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
- Zest of 1 lemon, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 220C and bring a pot of water to a boil
- Snap off the bottoms of the asparagus. Toss theasparagus with the oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread the asparagus out on a baking sheet in oneeven layer. Roast for 15-20mins until tender and
starting to brown.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to packageinstructions.
- While the pasta is cooking and the asparagus roasting,make the sauce.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sauté thediced onion for 4 to 5mins until soft and translucent.
Add the minced garlic and saute another 1-2mins.
- Combine the beans, onion/garlic mixture, vegetablebroth, lemon juice and salt in a blender and puree until
smooth. Add a little more broth to thin if needed.
- To serve, combine the pasta and sauce and serve the asparagus either on the side or chopped and mixed inwith the pasta.
- Garnish with lemon zest, parsley and an extra squeezeof fresh lemon!