11 Mar Mushroom Burgers
Calories per serve 400cal
Time to make: 5mins prep 10 mins cook
(GF) (DF) V (V+)
- 4 large flat mushrooms
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 4 eggs, at room temperature (optional)
- 1 loaf flat Turkish bread, cut into 4 pieces, cross ways
- 40g mixed salad leaves (your choice, baby spinach, rocket)
- 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- 4 slices canned pineapple in natural juice, drained
- 4 tablespoons tomato relish
- Preheat a barbecue plate and grill on medium-high heat (Or use fry pan). Spray both sides of mushrooms with oil. Cook on barbecue plate for 3 minutes each side or until tender.
- Crack eggs onto barbecue plate (Or fry pan). Cook for 2 minutes for soft yolks or until cooked to your liking.
- Meanwhile, split Turkish bread pieces lengthways. Spray both sides with oil. Grill for 2 minutes each side or until toasted.
- Place toasted bread on plate. Top with salad, beetroot, pineapple, mushroom, egg and relish. Season with salt and pepper. Top with another piece of toasted bread. Enjoy.