17 Jul Sweet Temptations
Calories per serve: 120cal
Time to make: 5 hours 20 mins (includes fridge time)
GF DF V V+ F
• 500g medjool dates, pitted, chopped
• 75g (1/4 cup) hulled tahini
• 1 Tbsp coconut oil
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 55g (1/3 cup) sesame seeds, toasted
• Sea salt, to sprinkle
• 35g (1/3 cup) raw cacao powder
• 75g (1/3 cup) solidified coconut oil
• 60ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- Grease base and sides of a 21 x 9cm (base measurement) loaf pan and line with baking paper, allowing sides to overhang.
- Process dates in a food processor until finely chopped. Add tahini, oil and salt. Process until well combined and smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in sesame seeds. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth surface. Place in fridge for 4 hours or until firm.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Remove sesame mixture from pan. Use a hot, dry knife to cut into squares. Place on a prepared tray and place in fridge.
- For cacao dip, place all ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Use 2 forks to turn caramels in cacao dip to coat. Drain off excess. Return to prepared tray. Place in fridge for 10 minutes or until set. Repeat with remaining cacao dip (reheating if necessary) to double coat, placing on remaining prepared tray. Leave until almost set. Sprinkle with a little extra salt. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Store in a lined, airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.